[ic] Just a Small Question?!?! (I hope)

Justin Bonds - Hyper Tech justin@hypertech.net
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:20:47 -0600

Hi,

I have been working with the demo of Interchange and I absolutely love it.
I can't believe that a great product such as this is free (ok - I think that
it's free), especially since something similar to this, using Windows, would
cost literally thousands!!!

But anyway, the reason that I'm writing is to see if any of you have a
solution to my situation.  In the Access area, it allows you to set
permissions.  That's great!  But, I have tried many different settings but I
can't seem to land on the correct way to accomplish what I'd like to.

So, here it is:  I would like to have an employee be able to add a product,
but not be able to edit the product after it has been added.  I have removed
the edit check mark and left the Create checked, but obviously it needs the
edit (due to the error message presented) to Create a product.  I have
worked with both the Products table, and the options at the top, but to no
success.  I have also removed the View check so that perhaps it will let me
just add a product, and not show a product, therefore (in my hopes) not
allowing the employee to edit the product since they can't see it.  However,
this too returns an error message.

Do any of you have any great suggestions as to how I could go about
accomplishing the above?  Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Justin Bonds
Hyper Tech, Inc.