[ic] IC Catalog-Building Tutorial available

Jon Jensen jon@akopia.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 14:19:45 -0600 (CST)

We just finished a new tutorial that will familiarize you with many of the
basic concepts of Interchange catalogs by leading you through the process
of building a catalog from the ground up, all by hand. You'll create every
directory and file yourself, and understand what each part does. When
you're done, you'll have a very basic but working catalog, but more
importantly, we hope you'll have learned a lot about Interchange.

You can download it here in PDF format:

http://developer.akopia.com/doc/iccattut.pdf

Or read it on the developer site:

http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev/index.html

Sonny Cook came up with the idea for this and wrote the first version. We
hope to expand the "Enhancing the Catalog" chapter with sections
contributed by the community, so we'd love to see you develop a new
feature, write it up in tutorial style, and send it to us.

Jon