"test" credit card numbers (was: [ic] new tutorial problem?)

Jason Kohles jason@mediabang.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:05:48 -0700

On Mon, Jan 15, 2001 at 10:30:26AM +0800, msquared wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 14, 2001 at 02:38:24PM -0500, Jeff Dafoe wrote:
>
> > I think it may have been that the credit card number was
> > failing the mod-whatever check
>
> That reminds me.  How can I generate credit card numbers that the demo(s)
> think are valid, so that I can play around with the demo a bit more, and
> go through the entire process of checking out and such?

The Business::CreditCard perl module will let you enter the first portion
of a number and then generate a checksum for you, reading the source you
can even see what the first numbers should be to represent different issuers.
I usually just use 1234 1234 1234 1238, which is easy to remember and has
a valid checksum.

--
Jason Kohles -- jason@mediabang.com              phone  (801)364-0185
http://www.mediabang.com/                        fax    (801)364-0186

   Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even
   though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits
   who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey
   twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.  -- Theodore Roosevelt