[ic] IC and MYSQL Assistance required?

Dan Busarow dan@dpcsys.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 11:55:02 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 16, Hansraj Pankhania wrote:
>Since IC uses MYSQL, and my hosting company has MYSQL installed, but I
>cannot create a database becaue of permission problems.
>
>Therefore approached the hosting company who say they can create a database
>but it will be held somewhere else on there servers and not local to my
>virtual space. Thus restricting me configuring IC and administering the
>database correctly, and if I was to move to another hosting company the
>database gets left behind.

As long as they give you full access permissions on the database
you won't have any problems.

mysqldump will give you all the data if you have shell access.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com