[ic] Server Unavailable error message

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:26:51 -0500

Quoting David Somner (dave@htxtech.com):
> Hello!
>
> I am using a RAQ 4i server.  I have installed the latest version of Perl
> in a special location and gotten the Interchange daemon running using
> the latest version of Perl.
>
> I have created the "construct" catalog.  When I attempt to use
> "construct.cgi" or attempt to go to the web pages under the "construct"
> header page, I get the following error message:
>
> We're sorry, the Interchange server is unavailable...
> We are out of service or may be experiencing high system demand, please
> try again soon.
>
> What can I do to make this work?

With Cobalt Raqs, you usually need to have selected the SUEXEC option
during catalog build. Because they have a non-standard setup, we can't
seem to detect the proper default.

You can correct the problem (usually) by doing:

	chmod u-s CGIDIR/construct

where CGIDIR is the directory location of your cgi-bin.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

The U.S. Senate -- white male millionaires working for YOU!  -- Dave Barry