[ic] Re:new tutorial problem?

Jon Jensen jon@akopia.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:34:07 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, +N6REJ wrote:

> hey wait, how can the zip only be 4 digits? is that ok?

If you really want to limit that field to U.S.-only zip codes, you can add
the line 'zip=zip' to profiles.order. However, both for the tutorial and
in general I think it's a bad idea to exclude every other postal code
system in the world, which use alphanumerics (like T0L 0R0 for a town
outside of Toronto, Canada, as an example that happens to be in my head).
Even though Interchange can easily do things like this, sometimes it's
better to let users enter whatever they want instead of getting in their
way when they're trying to give you money.

Jon