[ic] Rumors of MySQL demise greatly exaggerated ... (was: postgres vs mysql)

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:01:21 -0500

Quoting Michael Widenius (monty@mysql.com):
> For many of the applications MySQL is used today, PostgreSQL is in
> practice way too slow!  I also know of situations where PostgreSQL is
> faster than MySQL, but this is a little beside the point;  The simple
> truth is that there is a need for many different databases and neither
> MySQL nor PostgreSQL can be best for all of these.

There you have it from the horses mouth. Monty is, of course, the creator
and lead developer for MySQL. It is doing well and will be so for many
moons to come. And I have just made my decision to use MySQL for a major
project that was still up in the air. 8-)

Best,
Mike
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

People who want to share their religious views with you
almost never want you to share yours with them. -- Dave Barry