[ic] tab database utility

Company InterNet Services info@4co.de
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 09:54:03 +0100

Excel can only handles 65,000 items (16bit linenumber),
we made our own software using QBasic in 1990 and it is still used today. (terra-item database software)

If you are only doing a few thousand items excel is great, but if you have a bigger DB you need better software.
Ken

PS after 50,000 items it is suggested that you break your database into seperate files so you edit them more easily. You can
always combine databases (this is a workaround for excel users, so they can make a DB bigger than 65k items).

win/dos users:
At the DOS prompt: COPY header.txt + db1.txt + db2.txt + db3.txt  products.txt
(combines your header file + 3 databases  into the file products.txt)