[ic] Using dBase files with IC

Rene Hertell rene@hertell.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:40:59 +0200

Hi List!

I'm wondering if there is any "step-by-step" instructions how to get IC to
use the dBase (*.dbf) files? I found this
article(http://developer.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/1999/msg06721.
html), , and behind the link I found a bunch of modules. But I have no idea
in how to install the drivers correctly, so  I tried with these steps:

- I untarred the XBase (this should handle the *.dbf files) package and
copied the content of the lib directory under Interchange/lib (I don't have
root access, so I guess that IC uses the libraries from there)
- After restarting the server, the XDbase modules where recognized by the UI

<snip>
    DBI enabled (v1.13), available drivers:
        ADO
        ExampleP
        Multiplex
        Proxy
        XBase
        mSQL
        mysql
</snip>

But how do I configure IC to actually use these files? I'm using RedHut 7.0.

Regards, René

~~~~~~

Unknown aircraft over the radio:  "I'm f***ing bored."
Air Traffic Control:  "Last aircraft transmitting, identify yourself
IMMEDIATELY."
Unknown aircraft:  "I said I was f***ing *bored*, not f***ing *stupid*."