[ic] Using order groups for set price custom orders?

Loy Ellen Gross design@iinc.com
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 13:23:53 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Jan 2001, Chris Rapier wrote:

>Chris Rapier wrote:
>
>> > If the items are limited (eg choice of chowder) then attributes are
>> > pretty straightforward.
>>
>> Okay, I think I understand where you are going now.
>
>There is a reason for this in that the number of choices (5-7) for the
>number of items (again 5-7) are enough so that the customer might decide
>they don't want the basket after reviewing the choices. If they can only
>play with the choices *after* they've ordered the basket then I have to
>find someway assuring that the basket is removed automagically if they
>don't finalize the basket order. Now, being that each basket might just
>be one item in a larger order it gets a little complicated.

I've done something similar with order groups. Take a look at
http://developer.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/2000/msg09765.html

It can only be done with a small size database because of the
dynamic discount loop, but it is working.

  - Loy

--
"Just because something is obviously happening
  doesn't mean something obvious is happening."

Loy Ellen Gross * Web Designer & Programmer
BiznessOnline.com Xcalibur Division
716-344-1114 * design@iinc.com * http://www.iinc.com