[ic] Wisdom of the Elders - upgrading

Loy Ellen Gross design@iinc.com
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 17:56:58 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, Mike Heins wrote:

>Quoting Loy Ellen Gross (design@iinc.com):
>>
>> - Since we have custom databases, we'll likely have problems with
>>   the UI, but we can disable it for now by commenting the line
>>   #include lib/ui/ui.cfg from interchange.cfg (minivend.cfg)
>The UI should work fine for editing database tables. Obviously the
>things which are specific to the order transaction setup will break
>unless you have the right fields, but even these can be controlled
>by configuring the UI.

That's the trouble I've read about. We have written our own UI
which the clients are currently using, so I think we'll deal with
this whole issue next month :-)

>> - We'll need to remove the top line from shipping.asc (this one
>>   I don't understand.)
>What top line?

Got me. That's what I read.

Thanks for the rundown on the other tags! That gives me what I need
to proceed.

Obligatory funny: I was originally asked to do this upgrade during
December. BEFORE the clients' Christmas delivery cutoffs.

  -- Loy

--
Loy Ellen Gross * Web Designer & Programmer
BiznessOnline.com Xcalibur Division