[ic] Table Administration Question

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
26 Jan 2001 17:46:02 -0500

"Thomas McAlees" <tmcalees@discgolfcentral.com> writes:

> Here is a copy of the Interchange table definition:
>
> Database  article  COLUMN_DEF   "id=INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY"
>
> Here is a copy of the actual table schema:
>
>   id int(11) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL auto_increment,
>
> > "Thomas McAlees" <tmcalees@discgolfcentral.com> writes:
> >
> > > No key 'id' found for function='update' table='article'

The only thing I see different is no AUTO_NUMBER defined in you
interchange definition.  I'm not that smart on how AUTO_NUMBER works
in IC, a thorough search of akopia.com reveals only this unanswered
question

http://lists.akopia.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2000-October/001469.html

>From 31 Oct 2000 (summary, "how does the "Auto-Number"ing function
work").  I would like that answered as well.  There's been a lot of
talk about it this week.  Can we get a good consice description of how
it all works?
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn (mailto:doug@lathi.net http://www.lathi.net)
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543