[ic] more admin UI hacking fun

Doug Alcorn doug@lathi.net
28 Jan 2001 15:24:13 -0500

Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com> writes:

> Quoting Dan B (db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net):
> > Interchange imports lib/UI/vars/*, including any backup files that you
> > (probably) made.

Thanks, I'm sure this is my problem as emacs is leaving the *~ files
laying around.  I didn't even think about that.

> That will be done. We are planning on making all of the include directory/*
> backup-file tolerant.

cool

> One thing we are looking at is providing in 4.7.x a whole mechanism for
> adding "packages" to the demo catalogs. I.e., a system-5 init.d/ rc.d/
> mechanism for changing configuration.

This is way cool too.  I'm hoping you will extend this so that I can
drop come of these config files into the individual catalog
directoris.  My thinking is that IC would have the config init.d and
the catalog would have one too.  That would allow catalogs to override
specific configuration stuff.