[ic] Minivend 4 > Interchange

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 19:15:25 -0500

Quoting Eustace, Glen (G.Eustace@massey.ac.nz):
> I have just completed converting a catalog from minivend to Interchange
> 4.6.1,
>
> I have succeeded in getting most things working but do need some help.
>
> My first question:
>
> How does one manage ones databases via the web ?
> One reason I upgraded was to get the new improved Minimate, which I hadn't
> used but was aware of.  I haven't been able to work out how to do this.  I
> assume I am missing something really simple but can not find anything in the
> documentation.  Although I conceed I may not be looking for the right thing
> or am looking in the wrong place.

You need to put the part of interchange.cfg.dist that includes that
into your minivend.cfg file. To use the order management stuff, you
will have to change your order processing to the type used in
construct/catalog.cfg, and change your checkout page to something
like construct/pages/ord/checkout.html.

> Second Question:
>          <select name="mv_order_color">
> [sql type="list" query="select code, description from products where
> media='CD'
> and project>='100017' and project<='100033' order by project desc"]
>             <option>[sql-param 1]
> [/sql]
>
>           </select>

[sql-param n] was renamed to [sql-pos n]. In this case, your
are probably better off using [sql-param description].

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock