[ic] Freelance needed - Dutch auction implementation...

Tal Hart (TelNET) interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 2 01:15:01 2001

Hi there,
we need/wish to implement a One side Dutch auction module...
it should be very simple..
I think it's called 'dutch auction'
If you know of a workign module, or if you think you can make it quickly,
send me an offer.....

We are offering products to be sold as Auctions,
(users shouldnt be able to post auctions, only bid)

Every auction has a predefined quantity of the products, and a start bid
price..
every user can bid on the products by the next available margin...
(I.E. we offer 3 * 100MB HDD's on an auction starting at July 3 , 14:30 ,
and ending July 6 , 22:00,
starting minimum bid is $50 , and margins are $10...)
so first user can bid 50 , second user bid will be 60 , and so on....
we should also allow Autobid, for a user to enter his maximum bid for
automatic post by the system..

On product display the system should display the product/product info,
auction details,  current auction winners , and time remaining till closing.

The Auction should end at the preset time or later, as long as there has
been no bets for at least 5 min's.

I.e. if the auction was planned to close at 10:00 , and a user placed a bid
at 9:58 , the closing time automatically shifts 5 minutes after the last
bet, in this case 10:03....
if there's another bid before 10:03, it adds another 5 min's etc....

We need to send an Email Confirmation to the user, an Outbid notice when
outbid,
and a Win/loose notice at the end of the auction...

in the catalog, the users should be able to search also by Closing time (I.E
see auctions closing in the next 12 hours, sorted by time, etc...),
and offcourse be able to search for any bid's they've made...

On the UI side, we want to be able to view auctions, and they're bids, with
timestamp/IP etc..
and when each Auction closes, we also want the system to send a notice to
the Product supplier for delivery.

Auctions should be tied to the normal product catalog, so we dont have to
reenter products,
we should choose a products from the DB, and set it for auction...

Send me your offers/estimates,
We need it done quickly....

Tal Hart
TelNET Communication
Tel # + 972-9-8859919    Fax # +972-9-8859929
Address : Office - 10 giborey israel, New industrial area,Netanya
Post Adress : 2 Gur st. , Ramat Poleg , Netanya , ISRAEL , 42000
E-mail : tal@telnet.co.il           Web : www.telnet.co.il