[ic] Asking more questions if a certain product is bought.

Ron Phipps interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 2 23:43:00 2001

> Here's what I need to do... and any help on how would be very much
> appreciated!!
>
> Basically... If somebody buys something in a certain category, I need to
> have them fill out a form that is emailed to me.  The information does not
> need to be stored in the database.
>
> Scenario:

There's probably a better way to do this using multi page checkout but we
always use a single page for checkout.  So what I would do is have a field
in the database that flags when to display the extra fields.

Let's call it ask_info, set it to 1 in the db for the items that need the
additional info.  Here is what it might look like:

[comment]
this code goes in the same place where the existing item-list shows up on
the checkout page
[/comment]

[set need_to_ask_info]0[/set]
[item-list]

    [if item-field ask_info eq "1"]
        [set need_to_ask_info]1[/set]
    [/if]

    [comment]
        Do the normal stuff to show the basket on the checkout page
    [/comment]
[/item-list]

[comment]
before the place order button put the following code
[/comment]

[if scratch need_to_ask_info eq "1"]
    [error name=add_info_age std_label="Age: " required=1]
    [error name=add_info_other std_label="Other: " required=1]
[/if]

Then in the etc/report access those values using [value add_info_age] [value
add_info_other] and it will be emailed to you along with the order.

This code hasn't been tested but it should give you an idea.  Good luck!

-Ron