[ic] Gift Certificates - Multiple Payment Methods

Sean interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 4 03:43:01 2001

Hi List,

We want to give out some form of discount coupon using a code number which
when a customer enter the code it will apply a set discount and record which
coupon was used.

Can someone explain how we might achieve this.

Thanks

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Russ
Mann
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 4:40 AM
To: Interchange-Users
Subject: [ic] Gift Certificates - Multiple Payment Methods

Hello List,

First of all, who has Gift Certificates functioning on their IC store?  I
have managed to get the purchasing of Gift Certs working, adding the
certificate to the gift_certs data table and sending the recipient an email.
Where I'm stuck is the point of redeeming the gift certificates.

The logic should work like this:

$Order_Total = subtotal + tax + shipping

foreach $Coupon_Amount(@All_Coupons_Redeemed_By_Customer) {
	if ($Coupon_Amount <= $Order_Total) {
		$Order_Total -= $Coupon_Amount;
		$Coupon_Code is totally used.
	} else {
		$Order_Total = "0";
		$New_Coupon_Amount = $Coupon_Amount - $Order_Total;
		Save $New_Coupon_Amount to that coupon, for future redemption.
	}
}

if ($Order_Total > 0) {
	Require a Credit Card charge for the remaining $Order_Total.
}

Any idea how to allow this to happen?  Any idea how to have a Gift
Certificate AND a Credit Card perform a payment, for totals that are greater
than the certificate?  How about partial redemption for totals that are less
than the certificate?

Thanks,

Russ