[ic] how to add a message under category...

Dan B interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 5 18:42:00 2001

At 05:15 PM 7/4/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>ok, a user comes to my cart, he chooses a category say,
>toys
>and they of course see all the products listed under toys,
>but above before the products start to list in the toy category, I would like
>to insert a custom message for the toy category, how can
>you do that ?
>if..
>Raymond

I don't have time to spell it out, but the general overview is:

1. add "custom_message" field to "cat" table
2. in the category list code, discover the variable that marks your current
category increment:
[seti current_cat] ... whatever your current category is [/seti]

[query sql=|
         SELECT  DISTINCT custom_message
         FROM    cat
         WHERE   name='[scratch current_cat]'
         | ]
         [query-param custom_message]
[/query]

It's just a general idea, Raymond.  But have fun figuring it out!

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com