[ic] Credit card LUHN checking - why we don't want it

Javier Martin interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 6 08:08:00 2001

Steffen Dettmer said:

> * Mike Heins wrote on Thu, Jul 05, 2001 at 16:45 -0400:
> > Quoting Martin Dabb (jmdabb@paradise.net.nz):
> > > LUHN checking doesn't work for cards from all countries, including New
> > > Zealand where my client's business is - hence I''ll need to
> find a way to
> > > turn it off.
> >
> > That is easy enough - set
> >
> > 	<INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_credit_card_force VALUE=1>
> >
> > which forces the LUHN-10 check good.
>
> Huh? The Shop trusts the browser?! Why that? Are there other such
> things? Is there a field called mv_price_check_disable or
> similar? I cannot understand how a database driven system could
> be confiugrable and fakeable by some client/browser? Or did I
> missed something?

This is a good question.

Place an

  <input type=hidden name=mv_payment_mode value="CREDIT">

in the checkout page of some interchange storefront that uses the
'authorizenet' module as it comes out-of-box, and you'll be credited instead
of charged!! (unless I'm also missing something).

Javier