[ic] Submit [total-cost]

Mark Johnson interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 6 09:01:01 2001

Garry wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am now wanting to be able to submit the value: [total-cost] to a payment
> service such as PAYPAL for example. I have tried substituting a fixed value
> (eg $30.00) with this field - but I get the error message saying the figure
> submitted is not the correct format.
>
> I have further been informed that I need to "dynamically" create the total
> value or ask for input from the user - I think I would prefer the value to
> be dynamically created and submitted.
>
> Does anyone know what I would need to do to accomplish this?

Your question isn't clear to me. Do you want to set the value of
[total-cost], or do you want to pass some arbitrary value to PAYPAL? The
only way to reset [total-cost] without re-writing the total-cost tag is
to use the [assign] tag and set all the values that sum to total-cost.
This seems like a big pain to me, but if that's what you need, [assign
salestax=0 shipping=0 handling=0 subtotal=30.00], or whatever total cost
you want for [total-cost]. Also, unless you want all these settings to
persist after you need this other value of total-cost, you better put
[assign clear=1] right afterward.

Assuming what you really want is to pass some value to PAYPAL that isn't
necessarily [total-cost], why don't you just set a scratch of the
desired value and pass [scratch paypal_total] instead?

--
Mark Johnson
Senior Systems Architect - Professional Services