[ic] mysql conection problem

Dani Prados interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 6 09:04:56 2001

Hello

	I have interchange 4.6.5 with RH 7.1 and mysql. When I try to
configure the catalog to work with mysql I obtain the following message:

[snip]
Configuring catalog flashnet...Using MySQL, DSN=dbi:mysql:flashnet.
flashnet config error: connect failed -- Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO)
[/snip]

The user root have the rights permisions to login in the database.

My catalog.cfg have the following sentences to configure the mysql conection.

[snip catalog.cfg]

Variable    SQLDSN          dbi:mysql:flashnet
#endif

#####
##### MySQL
#####
#ifdef MYSQL

Message Using MySQL, DSN=__SQLDSN__.

# Tell the default DBM we are using something else...
Variable  SOME_DATABASE  1

# Uncomment if needed
Variable  SQLUSER  root
Variable  SQLPASS  pass

# The table defs are in separate files in the dbconf/mysql directory,
# the ones kept in DBM are in TABLENAME.dbm files.

#include dbconf/mysql/*

#endif

[/snip]

Thanks