[ic] Java Menus

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat Jul 7 09:55:00 2001

Hi,

I happy hacked around bar_link code to generate PARAM tags for an
<applet> in java, which gets used to display a interactive menu
(categories open only if you click the area - hope the nouns are
correct, I'm very new here).

A little problem is finding some nice java menu including
documentation and some error checking, and second, the next page
needs to know the state of the old menu (since the opened pop-up
windows should stay open, I mean the opened area which displays
its categories should stay active).

Well, I think this is nothing special and I'm sure somebody
already implemented this completly and I would like if she would
share it :)

Otherwise, I would like to hear about ideas how that thing can be
build nicely, especialy how to pass the informations about the
state of the java menu (or java script menu) to the next page and
evaluate it here.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

oki,