[ic] admin interface

Donald Lin interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jul 10 10:29:01 2001

I have created a catalog from scratch and I need an admin side. I would like
to view, edit, and delete items, view, edit, and delete pages, view past and
current orders, view customers, and some other custom functions. Is my best
bet to use the admin interface that Akopia provided? I realize that all of
the features (besides the custom ones) are offered in the Akopia package,
but the akopia package also has many features that might not be needed. If I
use the akopia package, I would have to create many tables (I currently only
have products, userdb). Of course I need to make tables regardless, but I
probably will not make as many. Another down side is that I do not want to
change anything on the admin pages for this one catalog, because once I make
other catalogs the admin will no longer work for the new catalogs. For
example, it would be great if these custom functions are incorporated in the
akopia admin side, but once i create a new catalog these functions will not
be useful to this other catalog.
I would like to get some feedback on how other people approached this and
how it worked out. If you made a catalog out of scratch and used the Akopia
admin side, what extra tables and fields were neccessary? For example, if i
created the transaction table, would I NEED to have the same fields as the
construct something catalog has? (Since I know construct catalog has a
working admin side)

Oh yeah, currently it lets me go to the admin page and edit items, pages,
and customers, but everything else seems to be broken (b/c I don't have the
database tables I believe). If I choose to use the akopia admin pages, is
there anyway to block out certain parts of pages so they wont show up?? Also
another problem, I do not need to login to edit and change these
webpages????? It shows the login screen but it lets my bypass everything
without typing in a username or password? I do not even need to hit the
login button, I just need to hit on any of the links above? This is a major
problem, right??

Thanks a lot!
Don