[ic] Free Shipping based on User?

Gregg Fabbri interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 11 18:41:01 2001

Ed,

Thanks a bunch.  That was exactly what I wanted to do and it works great.

-Gregg

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com]On Behalf Of Ed
LaFrance
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2001 12:16 PM
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Free Shipping based on User?

At 06:06 AM 07/11/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Is it possible to allow free shipping based on the
>user?  If so can someone point me in the correct
>direction.

You just need a method of identifying those users who should receive free
shipping - in the case of logged in users, for example, perhaps a new field
in the userdb called 'free_shipping', with a non-blank value for those who
get a free ride.

Then on the checkout page you can just do (near the top):

[if value free_shipping]
         [value name=mv_shipmode set=freeshipping hide=1]
[/if]

...this assumes you have a mode called freeshipping in shipping.asc, which
could look something like this (formatted for readability):

code            Desc            criteria        min     max
price
freeshipping    Free Shipping!  price           0       99999999        0

...you could also disable the shipmode selector on the checkout page, since
they do not need to see it in this case:

[if !value free_shipping]
         (shipmode selector code here)
[/if]

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax