[ic] makecat & tlink/vlink

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 11 22:26:01 2001

Quoting Dan B (db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net):
> At 03:32 PM 7/11/2001 -0500, you wrote:
> >Something I've been wondering...  because sometimes when I copy a catalogs
> >/cgi-bin/store.cgi file to another catalog, it works, and sometimes it
> >doesn't.
> >
> >Does any config info get compiled into that file?  If not, I guess my
> >problem is elsewhere.

Actually yes -- either the file location of a UNIX-domain socket or
the TCP/IP address/port get compiled in.

> >It seems, however, that many people recommend re-running makecat instead of
> >duplicating a catalog structure and modifying.  Why?
>
> It's probably your setuid bit.  Either chmod u+s the file or copy it with
> 'cp -a'.  Makecat works too.

Even easier is bin/compile_link -- which has docs if you do
"perldoc bin/compile_link".

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Just because something is obviously happening doesn't mean something
obvious is happening. --Larry Wall