[ic] Login to New User Page

Garry interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat Jul 14 07:35:01 2001

Hi,

I have made my checkout "members only" which is fine, and if they try to
check out before they log-in the customer is directed to the log-in page,
and this is great.

However, once on the log-in page, if the customer is a new one, and presses
the new account button, he / she is directed to the new account details
page - but, does not have the opportunity to see the: "enter a username and
password / confirm password" dialogue box first. So, if he / she enters
their details and goes thro with the transaction, then comes back to the
cart at a later time, he / she has to go thro the completion details again.

Surely they should be asked for a username and password / confirm password
before completing their details, so that later they can just enter their
username / password and continue shopping?

Have I done something wrong or is this normal?

Garry