[ic] Layout Editor confusion

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jul 17 17:52:01 2001

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Greg Cheak wrote:

GC>>After several hours of study, trial and error I've concluded that I am
GC>>totally confused with the operation of the Layout Editor. With no
GC>>written procedure (that I can find), I'm am left here to ask for some
GC>>assistance.

Probably what I write will be as clear as mud, but I'll try:

GC>>An example:
GC>>
GC>>I have a Parent category named Figurines. There are sub categories under
GC>>this one named Wildlife, Angels and Fantasy.
GC>>
GC>>Figurines
GC>>	- Wildlife
GC>>	- Angels
GC>>	- Fantasy

In the Layout section of the UI you are presented with 3 sections
across the page. The left one is where you will see things like "New
Items", "specials", "Gift Certificates", and such. You want to hit on
the plus sign here to create a new category. Scroll down on the left
side and it should say 'NEW'. Change that to 'Figurines' and make sure
that it is labeled as 'Name' instead of using a link or page, or
whatever. (I'm not looking at the page, but doing it from memory) Click
on the button to save it.

When the screen returns in that left hand box you will see 'Figurines'.
Select that. In the middle of the screen should be an empty box. Click
on the plus sign below that. Further down on the screen you will see
'NEW' in a box. Change that to 'Wildlife'. There is an option for you
to put in an Interchange page. Select the page that you want it to go
to. Or, you can put in your search criteria. Click on the save button.
Open up your store and you should see these in the left frame.
'Figurines should not be 'hot' but 'Wildlife' should be.

THis should get you started.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, July 17, 2001 at 17:50 PM:
To shoot a mime, do you use a silencer?

This Linux System has been up 191 hours