[ic] Mike - Need a little help

Dan Browning interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jul 17 19:20:01 2001

At 03:14 PM 7/17/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Mike or Anyone Who Knows,
>     I'm working with converting 8 of my existing IC stores from 4.6.5 to the
>4.7.5 base. I've successfully done this with the first store but have a
>couple of questions that I've been unable to resolve.
>
>My configuration is running on a Dell PowerEdge 1550 with Dual 933's, 1GB of
>RAM, and RAID5 using RH 7.0, Apache, MySQL, Perl 5.6 and all Interchange
>modules up-to-date. I currently have IC 4.6.5 installed and running fine
>with Authorize.net.
>
>I want to install IC 4.7.5 on the same machine but only run one or the other
>at any given time. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PHASE FROM MY DEVELOPMENT SERVER
>WHICH HAS THE IC 4.7.5 VERSION OF OUR STORE TO MY PRODUCTION SERVER FOR
>TESTING WITH AUTHORIZE.NET.
>
>I also need to know where to add the payment variables for authorize.net. I
>know that I can do this in the wizard on the Admin but it changes other
>things in the site that I don't wish to change. What variables and to what
>files does the wizard make changes to to add authorize.net integration. I've
>been told it has been changed quite a bit from IC 4.6.x
>
>We're also working directly with Con-way freight  and RH to implement a
>ground-freight carrier solution module for shipping. We plan to forward this
>to you RH guys ( and the list, if anyone's interested ) for possible
>inclusion in Interchange.
>
>Thanks for any help in advance. IC and this list have been the primary key
>for my switching to open source software from more than 8 years of running
>exlusively MS products. Thanks for all the support guys ( and any gals out
>there )!
>
>Robert Trembath
>CTO
>iShop Technologies
>e| robert@ishoptech.com

Sorry Robert, even after reading all that, I wasn't sure what your exact
question was.  If you are asking about running a 4.7.x version along side a
4.6.x version, it is easy.  They can be run at the same time, but if you
want to run them separately that's fine too.

install 4.6.5 to /usr/local/ic4.6.5
install 4.7.5 to /usr/local/ic4.7.5

You can configure both of them in interchange.cfg with the same Catalog
line to use

Catalog         construct       /var/.../construct /cgi-bin/construct

and then start them with /usr/local/ic4.6.5/bin/interchange -r and
/usr/local/ic4.6.5/bin/interchange -r respectively.

I like to use symlinks to make the starting easier:

ln -s /usr/local/ic4.6.5 /usr/local/ic

So that I can just change the symlink when I want to specify which version
of ic I'm currently using, and specify the symlink (/usr/local/ic) in my
start/stop scripts (or the init.d/... if your an RPM kind of guy).

But maybe I misunderstood your question.  At any rate, that shipping stuff
looks like a neat contribution.

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com