[ic] How to get the directory names?

Perry Smit interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 18 09:21:02 2001

To install interchange you should know where some directories are located!

Seems even my hosting provider can't give the right answers

How to figure this out?

Seems I have no access to httpd.conf, though reading a message on a forum it should work by filling in "none" on this question. Is that right?

Further:
How do I know what my document root will be? (have tried several settings but still running into probelms)
Where my cgi-bin is located? (the same tried several settings, don't no exactly what to fill in?

What kind of script will give me this information?

I know I should maybe change to an other provider, but need a demo based on the wishes of our company. Seems my management don't believe in open source software so I have to sale this internal, I can't use the akopia demo for this, realy need my own configuration to proof an import session.

Anyway, I'm busy for a week in my free time to get this working, have no money for support, though will come when I have sold the concept. I have something working but seems I have not filled in the right directories. I have no root access to httpd.conf though MYSQl (access to one database) and able to run my own cgi-bin scripts.

I would appreciate any help to get Interchange running on my site to give a demo which should be an import proces from one of our business processes.

Please help me out of here otherwise I have to go further with something we all realy not wanted:-)

Perry