[ic] Hide "out of stock" items from search

Chris Rapier interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 18 23:02:00 2001

Jim Balcom wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Garry wrote:
>
> G>>How difficult would it be to hide "out of stock" items from showing on the
> G>>results page?
>
> In the inventory section, I enter a quantity of 100000000
>
> Once in a while, when I am closing something out I use that to keep
> people from ordering something that is all gone, or ordering more than
> is left.

I don't know how its done now but I used a simple routine that would
simply not display anythign with a quanity of zero. I also did some
hackery that prevented people from ordering more items than existed at
that time. If they did then their order woudl be reduced and a warning
displayed.

It wasn't really that hard. Its just a matter of some [if]s and a couple
[data] lines.