[ic] Searches and turning 'su' (substring) on and off

Dave Barr interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 20 08:57:00 2001

(IC 4.6.5, Debian 2.2-17, MySQL 3.22, Perl 5.005-03)

Hi people,

I have a search that I would like to do:

[search-region more=1 arg="
   fi=products
   tf=description
   st=db
   ml=8
   sp=@@MV_PAGE@@

   su=yes
   sf=description
   se=[cgi search_txt_spec]

   su=yes
   sf=comment
   se=[cgi search_txt_spec]

   su=yes
   sf=sku
   se=[cgi search_txt_spec]

   su=no
   sf=inactive
   op===
   se=0
"]

where description,comment and sku are searched with a substring match
but turn it (the substring match) off for the inactive field. I've
read the appropriate search dox a half dozen times and cannot make
head nor tail if this is possible or not. I believe I have tried
every combination of placement with the su and other tags which
either turns the substring match off altogether or matches the
inactive field with eg Pakistan 2000 shirt having zeros in the name.

Any pointers much appreciated. Thanks
Dave