[ic] Searches and turning 'su' (substring) on and off

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 20 12:14:00 2001

Quoting Dave Barr (barrd@mac.com):
> >Dave,
> >
> >Try adding:
> >
> >co=yes
>
> Thanks Ton,
>
> But.. unfortunatley, turning on co=yes AFAIU means that all search
> terms must match, i've tried co/nu/su in as many combinations as I
> can think of and I just cannot get it to work... I may have to bypass
> this approach altogether and write an sql type query to do *exactly*
> what I need.

You can do groups with mv_search_relate to do complex relations, but if
you use SQL it is probably better to use the query. Or in 4.7.6, if I
read you right, you can do:

[search-region more=1 arg="
   fi=products
   tf=description
   st=db
   ml=8
   sp=@@MV_PAGE@@
   co=yes

   su=no
   sf=inactive
   op===
   se=0
   su=no

   su=yes
   sf=:description:comment:sku
   se=[cgi search_txt_spec]
   sg=0
   os=1

"]

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I am a great believer in luck, and I find that the harder I work
the more luck I have. -- Thomas Jefferson