[ic] Complex search using [query]

Kyle Cook interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 20 16:12:01 2001

I also have done this. A couple of notes:

Be sure to escape any 'BAD' characters from any form
fields used in the query (security)

Also if you plan on routinely returning a large amount
of data and/or records, the IC caching mechanism can
produce very large files:

example of a search for the letter e in a search that returns
3,000 items (apx 12 fields ea) with this set up can
easily reach over 1M file size.

Only real way around it is to do your own paging to add
a LIMIT clause to the sql  (you lose caching, but limit
large file writes/reads to the cache dir, also some sql
will perform faster with a LIMIT clause

My $0.02  :-)

Kyle