[ic] too many cookies?

Tim Mirecki interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 20 17:25:15 2001

Customers are not stored in the database. There are no usernames/passwords.

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@developer.akopia.com]On Behalf Of David
Totten
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 4:40 PM
To: interchange-users@developer.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] too many cookies?

My gosh! why on earth do you think you need so many cookies?
All of that information is stored in the users session, and if you just
want to remember the user, then just set a cookie with the username, and
password. When they come back to the site, you can check for that cookie,
and
poll the database as necessary.

Dave Totten

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 04:34:35PM -0400, Tim Mirecki wrote:
> Hi, I am having a strange problem with cookies.
>
> I am trying to set a bunch of cookies to remember user information, but I
> get some kind of session failure (all scratch variables are reset, and the
> customer is returned to the beginning)
>
> I am setting them like this:
>
>   [set_cookie name="fname" value="[value fname]"]
>   [set_cookie name="address1" value="[value address1]"]
>   [set_cookie name="address2" value="[value address2]"]
>   [set_cookie name="city" value="[value city]"]
>   [set_cookie name="zip" value="[value name=zip filter=word]"]
>
> etc... After 7 cookies I get the session failure problem. Cookie number 8
will
> cause the failure (I'm assuming it's a session failure). There is nothing
in
> either error.log file to indicate what is happening.
>
> Has anyone had a similar experience? I read the docs about cookies, but
> couldn't find anything about limits.
>
> Thx.

Start random buzzword text:
We can see, in retrospect, the incorporation of additional mission
constraints adds overriding performance constraints to gain the full benefts
of the management-by-contention principle.