[ic] tring to connact

interch interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sat Jul 21 15:23:01 2001

Hi David,

Nova is both a clearing house/processing network and the underwriter
usually (the bank) for the merchant accounts they issue.  What you need to
find out from them is what internet payment gateway they have set you up
on.  Interchange interfaces with the internet payment gateway.  If the
Internet payment gateway is not one of the gateways supported by
Interchange then you would have to write an Interchange payment module for
it.  I know that Nova has their own gateway, and I am pretty sure they can
support either Verisign or AuthorizeNet.  You may get into a situation
where they want you to use their gateway (or you may have already
purchased it) instead of a third party gateway, so be prepared.  If I was
you I would find out what gateways they can support first, then once you
know what the real deal is you can get them to do what you need.  Don't
talk to them unprepared or they will just tell you what they want you to
hear.

CCVS supports Nova but I suggest not going that route.  Not because of
anything to do with CCVS but CCVS is simply not a viable option unless you
have a dedicated server, then I would look at it.

Unfortunately there are a lot of people in your position, and to be honest
it can be avoided if you know what needs to be done before you invest your
money in actual applications or services.  In a nutshell, before you make
any purchasing decisions know what all the pieces are you will need,  then
shop around until you find componants that will all work together, THEN
buy them.  Also, READ ALL THE CONTRACTS with your vendors carefully.  Want
to know what they really charge you?  Forget what they advertise on their
site read the contract.  That no setup fee merchant account can turn into
a 36 month lease at $40 per month or a setup fee for their gateway service
that isn't compatible with your ecommerce solution.

Sorry if I went a bit beyond what the original question was there, hope
this helps...

Chris Ochs