[ic] Table-editor default values

Bas Bezemer interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 23 03:48:01 2001

Hi group,

I've been playing with the table-editor tag that is used in the
flex_editor page of the administration tool to edit individual database
entries. Unfortunatelly I can't figure out all the options I suspect it
the can perform. I want to show an empty form for a new entry in a table
with a few default values filled in. The default values are passed by
cgi (field1=value1&field2=value2) and are not the same for every new
entry.

The code of the table-editor shows some references to things that have
to do with "default", but it is confusing how these can be accessed. It
shows $opt->{default}, $opt->{defaults} (is this correct
default/defaults ?), ui_te_default, $default.

I looked at the "Clone item" option in the Item-editor, but that copies
all the fields from the original, apart from the key value, by a
database look up.

Any clues?

Regards,
Bas Bezemer