[ic] CGI(?) problem with demo-catalog on SuSE

Erich Schreiber interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jul 25 01:33:01 2001

Hi,

Beeing totally new to Interchange, I installed IC 4.6.5 from the tar-ball to
our local development-server running SuSE 7.1, got all the missing Perl
modules from CPAN and run configure including the tests 1-6 successfully.
All work was done as root. The server starts up without complains.

Now when building the demo catalog I’m stuck with probably an CGI
misconfiguration.

The catalog is called form the start page with
http://xxxxxx/cgi-perl/construct/index.html. This gives the following
Internal Server Error: ‘The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.’

And in the Apache error_log I read:

[error] PerlRun: `[Wed Jul 25 06:10:34 2001] construct: Unrecognized
character \x7F at /usr/local/httpd/cgi-bin/construct line 1.’

As far as I understand, the file construct in the cgi-bin is an ELF-binary
and is not recognized by cgi-mechanism. So what’s wrong?

Erich Schreiber