[ic] Adding a percentage to UPS lookups - REVISED

Jason Timm interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jul 26 11:04:01 2001

JT>>I am trying to add 7% on to whatever comes back from a UPS lookup.
Reading

JT>>upsb	UPS Two Day	weight	0	0	e Nothing to ship!		{'ui_ship_type' =>
JT>>"UPSI",'zone' => "450",'table' => "2ndDayAir",'ups' => "1",'adder' =>
JT>>"\@\@COST\@\@ * .07",'geo' => "zip",}

Jim>It looks like you left off the left curly brace at the beginning.
Jim>You also should have put parentheses around your 'adder' formula.
Jim>I'm not sure about your use of 'COST'. Maybe it's all right.

Jim>{'ui_ship_type' => "weight",'table' => "2ndDayAir",'zone' =>
Jim>"220",'ups' => "1",'at_least' => "5.50",'adder' => "(\@\@TOTAL\@\@ *
Jim>.25 ) .25 ) + 2.00",'geo' => "zip",}

Jim>This works very well for me for determining the cost based on weight
Jim>and zone.
Jim>It mandates a minimum shipping charge of $5.50, it adds on 25% of what
Jim>it found in the rate table for that weight to that zone, and then also
Jim>adds on a flat $2.00.

Thank-you!  It was the missing parenthesis...  Unfortunately, after thinking
through it more, I want to add 7% of the order total to the shipping total,
NOT 7% of the UPS rate to the shipping total.  So, the new question is, can
I add an amount based on price to a method based on weight?

Any takers?

Jason Timm