[ic] $ and @'s

Mike Heins interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jul 27 15:30:00 2001

Quoting Victor Nolton (ven@pragakhan.com):
> 	A custom has a description field (just a normal field), he
> decided to put something in the description about the price
> originally being like $30.00 and I can see it in the database, it
> shows up in the admin when I edit it. When it goes to print on the
> page.
>
> Just realized I have the description in a [perl] tag.
>
> Anyone have a work around for using $ and @'s in descriptions/fields
> in a perl tag? or should I just write a filter? I could apply the
> filter to the flypage instead.

If you are using [perl interpolate=1], don't. Access it directly.

If you are doing

		[calc]
			$desc = "[value description]";
		[/calc]

Do instead:

		[calc]
			$desc = $Values->{description};
		[/calc]

Or if you must use the tags:

	[calc]
		$desc = q{[value description]};
	[/calc]

That at least will only error out on an unmatched right curly.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon