[ic] One Database, many Catalogs - Global Database

interchange-users@lists.akopia.com interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jul 30 03:13:00 2001

Hi,
I would like to create a single database available to many catalogs, (like a
system wide user database)

I have put the following in the minivend.cfg file, and placed the data files
in the minivend folder.
#Global databases
Database            orp_user     orp_user.txt        TAB
Database            orp_user     WRITE_ALWAYS  1

However when I restarted the server and tried to read the database it tries
to read a file from the catalog's product directory that it was requested
from.

I want a central database not databases under each catalog.

Can anyone tell me how this is supposed to work and if possible provide
config examples......

Regards,
Geoff