[ic] 4.04a pricing (multi dimensions) question.

Carlc Internet Services interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Sun Jun 3 23:13:00 2001

Were still using good ol 4.04a version of Interchange/Minivend. We've hit a
new and interesting problem. We have a customer who wants to sell products
based on sizes in 2 dimension (Width/Length). So, a SKU number would have
2 adjusts to it (A Width and a Length). But the fun part is the amount it
grows is not a linear (example add $1 per foot in any direction) function.

Anyone have a idea or suggestion as to how to handle this? Is it possible
in 4.04a to call a separate database for pricing that can be searched
on using a Width/Length call? Ideally, I would have the SKU number with
a price of $0.00 then go to database "sku-number" and look up the price
from there. Any examples on how to set this up would be great/amazing.

Thanks in advance,
Carl Couric
http://www.carlc.com/