[ic] simple search question :)

Andreas Lindenblatt interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jun 4 22:59:00 2001

John Beima wrote:

> Which results are missing? Can you give data and search examples...

Exactly like before:

> > The code works always for eg.:
> > 3er-Reihe,346L/C/R, (E46)
> > 6er-Reihe,Typ 6CS/1
> >
> > never works (returns nothing) for:
> > 3er-Reihe, Typ 3B,3C,3/CG (E36)
> > 5er-Reihe , Typ 5/D (E39)
> >
> > and always gives more results than expected for eg.:
> > Audi 80
> > (results contain also 'Audi 80/90 Typ 81/85')
The only difference was due to the ml=250, which was more than the
default I set somewhere.

> Your search has a flaw when the scracth dummy variable has spaces in it.
What do you mean by 'flaw'?
I'm searching for a complete string (eg. "3er-Reihe,346L/C/R, (E46)") in
a database field which definitely contains this string. I want only
match if everything I search for is exactly the way I query it. So I
have to have the spaces in it, don't I? Shall I escape them?

> You are also telling it to seach the txt file and not the MysQL file. The
Hmmm... I understand that you have a lot more experience with IC than I
have - but if this would be the case my search could never give me any
result as I never touched the txt-file and IMHO there's no way it could
even contain the fields I'm looking for.

> "op=eq" isn't needed do to the fact that there is only one search criteria...
> The su parameter isn't normally needed...
ok.

> One question..Does dummy have one patter you are looking for? Or does dummy
> contain several words that you want tp search for seperatelt???
Dummy contains one pattern. It's exactly the pattern I want to match in
the field subcategory_typ.

--
----
BYE Andreas