[ic] Asterisk(*), and selected item needed in select menu

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 5 20:47:00 2001

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Tim Watts wrote:

TW>>I am presently setting up a store in which the owner uses an asterisk(*) to
TW>>identify special order options in the options select pulldowns, specifically
TW>>musical keys for harmonicas. [ic] uses (*) to identify the selected item in
TW>>a comma sep list. Is there an easy way to escape this, or should I just talk
TW>>my client into using some other identifier.

I recommend that you figure out some other character. The asterisk (*)
has some heavy meanings through out most operating systems. It's too
easy for it to be interpreted as a wild card and thus to screw up what
you are trying to do.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, June 05, 2001 at 20:45 PM:
CODING: AN addictive Drug.

This Linux System has been up 359 hours