[ic] Build-to-Order

interchange-users@lists.akopia.com interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Wed Jun 6 20:09:00 2001

Hi,

Has anyone used Interchange for products that need to be Built-To-Order
where you have various rules as to how the products inter-relate and what
is required to produce a solution for a customer.

A good example would be a customer using a pick-and-mix approach to
design their own computer (select a case, then a motherboard, then how
many RAM slots are there what type and speed of RAM, etc etc) that is
then build and delivered.

I have seen some JAVAScript based drop down list boxes, but they are
*very* crude and do not enforce any real rule checking, etc.

Or alternatively has anyone seen an open source solution that is
available that I could interface to Interchange?

Cheers
Douglas