[ic] order status email

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Thu Jun 7 18:10:00 2001

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Steve Bourg wrote:

SB>>I want to provide a tracking number for my customers once a product has
SB>>shipped.  I want this tracking number to go out with the email sent to
SB>>customers once the order status has been changed to "shipped".  I'm
SB>>planning on just adding a tracking field to the orderline table, but how
SB>>do I add text (and this tracking field) to that email?  What file(s) would
SB>>I change?

I don't know of any way to get that tracking number out of the UPS
shipping software and into IC.

The UPS shipping software that I am using has an option where I can put
in the e-mail address of the buyer and it will send them an e-mail with
the tracking number.

Preferring the personal touch, I e-mail each one individually with a
copy of their order and insert a text file with a canned blurb and then
type in the UPS tracking number in the form of a link that they can
click on.

I am soon going to move to letting the UPS software send out the
confirmations, though.

I think that it's essential that the customer have the tracking number.
That way, when the shipment gets lost or delayed the customer can
clearly see that it's not my fault. I get zero complaints in this area.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, June 07, 2001 at 18:05 PM:
Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner.

This Linux System has been up 404 hours