[ic] Need more info on Orders

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 8 11:50:00 2001

At 07:57 AM 06/08/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello list,
>I am designing my 1st catalog and I am struggling through fine but got stuck
>on the following:
>This catalog is based on contact lens and when the customer finds the
>product they want
>they need to put in their prescription which consists of 3 variables per
>eye.
>
>                 Power           BC              DIA
>                 ______          ___             ____
>RIGHT EYE       |______|        |___ |          |____|
>                 ______          ___             ____
>LEFT EYE        |______|        |___ |          |____|
>
>I figure I need to edit the flypage to accept this information but I need
>help figuring out what how
>to include this information with the order.  Do I need another table to hold
>this info?

This is a great job for item attributes - little bits of extra data that
you can attach (or not attach) to items in the order, either for
informational purposes, or to affect pricing, or both.

Unfortunately the current docs on the subject leave much to be desired.  I
suggest you go to ftp.akopia.com and grab the tarball of the last MV4, then
read up on Pricing:Item Attributes in the docs which are contained in that
archive.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax