[ic] interchange html4 validation problems

Rene Hertell interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Fri Jun 8 17:29:00 2001

> In any case, I will bite the bullet and allow for compatibility.
> If CGI.pm is doing it by default, we will have to accept that as more
> and more programs will use it that way. Heaven knows what they will do
> to generate URLs compatible with other programs, but so be it.
<some cutting>
<some more cutting...>

I have to come with one more comment/question when this discussion still is
active.

I wrote about urls that did not work with WML browsers a few months ago
(http://lists.akopia.com/pipermail/interchange-users/2001-April/006621.html),
and I did never solve this problem.

The url that was created had the &-char between the values, and I guess now
that this was the problem for the WAP-browser (WAPforum probably rely on the
HTML specs somehow). I had never time to study the specs (can be found here
http://www1.wapforum.org/tech/terms.asp?doc=SPEC-WML-19990616.pdf), but i will
try to check them out next week...

Well, I have to check this if it will work now with the new IC modifications,
and I'll inform you about this when I'm ready.

Rene

ps. Will it be possible to get a patch (or instructions in how/where to change
this URL-stuff) for MV/IC if the WML-URL-error is solved by this?