[ic] Undefined catalog error

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Mon Jun 11 13:11:01 2001

>Dear All,
>
>Yes, I did get the dreaded "Undefined catalog" error.  ... I have read
>through the archives and yes a few people have encounted this error and
>solved them, with a mysterious permission setting. Just a hint,  it would be
>useful to all if  more info about the permission(s) was given.
>
>Anyway can anyone please help me?
>I have successfully installed IC4.6.5.1 on Redhat 6.2 postgresql 6.5 and the
>construct store works fine. But I have tried many new catalogues and got the
>above error.
>I have tried copying the construct cgi script.
>I have tried chmod 770 on the test catalogue.
>I have restarted IC.
>interchange -r  returns the following
>
>test1:     error in configuration.     Skipping.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Lyndon

'Undefined catalog' can be caused by many things.  The error simply
means that IC was unable to configure the catalog (read the
catalog.cfg and process all the directives successfully) at startup -
or to find the catalog at all.  The best place to start
troubleshooting this is to doublecheck that catalog definition in
interchange.cfg actually points to real files/directories, then
examine the Interchange error.log (not the catalog error.log) for any
messages about what went wrong.

- Ed LaFrance