[ic] how does IC email orders?

Curt Hauge interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 12 15:20:01 2001

Quoting Phillip A. Ryals

> I have setup IC to email orders to my address for testing.  It
> has my email
> address in the ORDERS_TO variable, but I never receive them.
>
> How exactly does IC email them?  There's nothing (that I've found) in the
> documentation on setting it up for email... so what am I supposed to do?

Did you restart the Interchange server? Also, I have had a similar problem,
though I never quite figured it out. I wasn't receiving the email at the
email address listed in variables.txt, but it was being delivered to
my_telnet_login_id@my_virtual_domain.com. I asked for help from the list,
but no one obviously knew what was going on. Telnet into your server and see
if 'you have mail', then type 'mail' to retrieve it, or look to the error
logs, as I think the (lost) orders posted there, also. I suspect it may have
been a permissions problem, though I have not had this problem before or
since then. Subsequent installs of Interchange did not help, but after the
site was moved, all was well. Weirdness.

Good luck!

Curt Hauge