[ic] past orders for previous customer showing up in new basket

Jim Balcom interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Tue Jun 12 20:11:01 2001

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Guido Sohne wrote:

GS>>When more than one customer shares a computer such as at an Internet cafe,
GS>>the previous orders made by the customer who last shopped at that PC show in
GS>>the basket for the customer who shopped after that.
GS>>
GS>>The first customer logged out. I suspect this has something to do with the
GS>>session not being killed, since the second shopping expedition was done
GS>>shortly after the first.

I can see how this would easily happen if the previous customer has the
auto-log-on feature turned on.

I admire the problem, but I don't have a solution.

OTOH, any person going into an Internet Cafe and entering personal
information into a computer in a public place that can be used by
subsequent people will certainly get what he deserves for his
stupidity.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, June 12, 2001 at 20:10 PM:
If at first you don't succeed, you must be a programmer.

This Linux System has been up 59 hours